How much spending money do I need for 2 weeks in Vietnam?
For two weeks in Vietnam (assuming you are flying rather than relying on the overnight buses), you can expect to pay about $550.
How much would a month in Vietnam cost?
Our rough estimate was a budget of around US$ 3,000 (total for 2 people) for 30 days. That worked out at US$ 50 per day per person, which is a comfortable amount for Vietnam and would allow us room for the occasional splurge. We break down our travel expenses into the following categories: Flights.
What can I buy with 1 dollar in Vietnam?
Vietnam: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 day of bicycle rental.
- 2 Vietnamese coffees with sweet condensed milk.
- 15 minutes of air time on a Mobifone sim card.
- 1 bowl of pho bo.
- 1 small load of laundry.
- 250 grams of candied ginger.
- 1 Chinese lantern made of bamboo and fabric.
- 40 quail eggs.
How much does a typical meal cost in Vietnam?
While meal prices in Vietnam can vary, the average cost of food in Vietnam is d275,990 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Vietnam should cost around d110,396 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Is Vietnam cheaper than Thailand?
Vietnam is 18.6% cheaper than Thailand.
Are shoes cheap in Vietnam?
Brand name shoes in Vietnam are quite expensive if you want the real deal. There are sometimes deals and clearance sales just like everywhere else, so hitting up a shopping mall for a bargain might be a fun treasure hunt for a shoe shopper.
What should I avoid in Vietnam?
There are some things, however, that are best avoided.
- Tap water. Might as well start with the obvious one. …
- Strange meat. We don’t mean street meat, as street food in Vietnam is amazing. …
- Roadside coffee. …
- Uncooked vegetables. …
- Raw blood pudding. …
- Cold soups. …
- Dog meat. …
What can you buy in Vietnam with $100?
In Vietnam, USD $100 Can Get You:
- 15-18 nights in a budget hotel, or 5-8 nights in a three-star accommodation in Hanoi.
- 15-20 mid-priced restaurant meals.
- 1 one-way trip from Hanoi to Da Nang via Livitrans luxury train.
What can I buy cheap in Vietnam?
What’s Cheaper To Buy in Vietnam?
- Aside from brand names, tailored clothing should also be on your shopping list when you’re in Vietnam, and especially when you’re in Hoi An. …
- Simple electronics – things like electric razors and curling irons – are much cheaper in Vietnam.
How many days are enough for Vietnam?
How much time do I need in Vietnam? You should spend at least two weeks in Vietnam to enjoy the main sights, but if you also want to go more off the beaten path, three weeks would be ideal.
What is the best time to visit Vietnam?
While this variety makes Vietnam a year-round destination, spring (March to April) is typically the best time to visit the entire country, when days are generally pleasant, temperatures are moderate and rainfall is light.
What can you do in Vietnam for 5 days?
1. Best 5-day Itinerary for Northern Vietnam
- Hanoi. Vietnam’s capital city is famous for its delicious street food and ancient culture. …
- Ha Long Bay. We recommend spending two days on a Halong Bay tour. …
- Mai Chau. Mai Chau is a serene town about 150km away from Hanoi. …
- Sa Pa. …
- Ninh Binh.