What do I need to bring to the US embassy interview?
What to bring to the Interview
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
What documents do I need for immigration interview?
You should expect to take the following items:
- A government-issued photo identification such as a passport (even if expired) but can also be any other government-issued photo ID like a driver’s license.
- Appointment notice (I-797C, Notice of Action) for your I-485 interview.
What should I not bring to a US visa interview?
Prohibited Items: You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Consulate with any of the following: phones, electronics, food, liquids, weapons, sharp objects, luggage, bags, or purses. Only application-related papers carried by hand will be permitted. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
How can I pass my US visa interview?
The tips below are intended to help you prepare for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in your home country.
- Ties to Home Country. …
- English. …
- Speak for Yourself. …
- Know the Program and How it Fits Your Career Plans. …
- Be Concise. …
- Supplemental Documentation. …
- Not All Countries Are Equal. …
What questions are asked in a US visa interview?
Following are few of the common questions asked during the United States Visa interview:
- What is the reason for your travel to the United States? …
- What is the duration of your stay in the United States? …
- Where will you be staying? …
- Where do you stay in India? …
- Who is going to cover your expenses during the travel?
Can I sponsor my husband if I don’t have a job?
If you are unemployed and do not have regular income, then you need a co-sponsor, or you need to have enough assets to meet the affidavit of support requirements.
Should I bring a lawyer to immigration interview?
An applicant has a right to an attorney at the USCIS interview and bringing one, based on our experience, is not viewed negatively in any way.
How do I know if my visa is approved?
To check on the status of your U.S. Visa application:
- United States: Contact the National Visa Center (NVC) at 1-603-334-0700 for immigrant visas. For nonimmigrant visas, call 1-603-334-0888. …
- Abroad: Contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate where you filed your application.
What Cannot be taken into US Embassy Manila?
The following items are NOT permitted in the Embassy:
- Cell phones*
- Any other electronics, such as MP3 players, iPods, etc.
- Large bags.
- Tools of any size, such as a leatherman, or Swiss army knife.
- Weapons of any kind.
Do and don’ts in US visa interview?
Don’ts During the Visa Interview Process
Pay close attention to the questions asked and respond with just the answer. Keep in short and simple. Do not ramble into a related life story or experience. Try to practice mock interviews before the real deal.