How do I become an English teacher in Thailand?
Requirements for Teaching English in Thailand
- A four-year diploma in any major (bachelor’s degree or higher)
- To be a native English speaker (NES) OR a non-native English speaker (NNES) with a TOEIC score of 600+ or IELTS score of 5+
- To pass a police background check in your home country.
- To pass a simple health check.
Can I teach English in Thailand without a degree?
Worry not for it is possible. There is plenty of opportunity and money to be made from teaching English in Thailand without a degree. Lack of a degree may not hinder you from teaching and having an onsite TEFL certification is a definite plus.
How do I start teaching English for beginners?
Here are 6 steps to teach English to beginners like a pro!
- Keep it simple, stupid. This is the one of the most important steps to teach English to beginners. …
- Always check for understanding. …
- Give them lots of time to practice. …
- Show, don’t tell. …
- Always use positive reinforcement. …
- Don’t be boring.
Is it easy to teach English in Thailand?
Finding a job in a popular city, such as Bangkok and Chiang Mai, might be difficult due to the competition but otherwise, finding a teaching job in Thailand at any time of the year is relatively easy. Private institutions hire year-round, but public schools and universities generally recruit teachers from March-May.
How much do English teachers earn in Thailand?
Conservatively, a typical first-time English teacher in Thailand can expect to make 30,000 – 35,000 Thai Baht (approximately $850 – $1000 USD) and many are able to make more.
What documents do you need to teach English in Thailand?
To qualify for most teaching jobs in Thailand you will need:
- A certified degree (in any field) and transcripts from a 4-year university.
- To be a native speaker of English (which the Thai government defines as those holding a passport from the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand)
How much is the salary of a teacher in Thailand?
|Thai-Singapore International School Teacher salaries – 6 salaries reported||THB 50,000/mo|
|Anglo Singapore International School Teacher salaries – 6 salaries reported||THB 57,500/mo|
|Singapore International School of Bangkok Teacher salaries – 6 salaries reported||THB 55,000/mo|
How much are school fees in Thailand?
The average school fees in Thailand is $17,200 per year. Annual tuition fees among international schools in Thailand range from $1,800 to $24,000.
Do you need to speak Thai to teach English in Thailand?
Apart from a teaching certificate and bachelor’s degree, you’ll need to be fluent in English and have a clean criminal record if you want to teach English in Thailand. Some schools may also request that you have previous teaching experience.
How can I become a English teacher in Bangkok?
In order to teach English in Bangkok, most teachers will require a bachelor’s degree, TEFL certification, and native proficiency in the English language. The average salary for teaching in Bangkok is $1,000 – $3,500 per month.
Can I teach English in Thailand with a TEFL certificate?
A TEFL certification is required to teach English in Thailand. You do not need professional teaching experience but earning your TEFL certification will provide you with the training and qualification you do need to get hired.