What are 10 ways to reduce water pollution?
9 Ways to Reduce Water Pollution in the 21st Century
- Reduce the Use of Chemicals When Cleaning. …
- Practice Water Conservation. …
- Dispose of your Medications Properly. …
- Avoid the Use of Pesticides and Herbicides. …
- Avoid Water-Polluting Recreational Activities. …
- Avoid Disposing Items into the Toilet. …
- Maintain your Car.
How can we prevent pollution?
On Days when High Particle Levels are Expected, Take these Extra Steps to Reduce Pollution:
- Reduce the number of trips you take in your car.
- Reduce or eliminate fireplace and wood stove use.
- Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other materials.
- Avoid using gas-powered lawn and garden equipment.
What are the problems of water pollution?
Water pollution has very negative effects on public health. A lot of diseases result from drinking or being in contact with contaminated water, such as diarrhea, cholera, typhoid, dysentery or skin infections. In zones where there is no available drinking water, the main risk is dehydration obviously.
What are 10 ways to reduce pollution at home?
Avoid smoking indoors (but quitting smoking is the best answer for overall health). Use craft supplies in well-ventilated areas. Make sure your gas stove is well-ventilated. Minimize clutter.
What are three ways to reduce pollution?
Ways to Reduce Air Pollution
- Riding a bike or walking instead of driving.
- Taking a bus or carpooling.
- Buying a car that has greater fuel efficiency.
- Turning off lights and appliances when they are not in use.
- Using energy efficient light bulbs and appliances.
- Buying fewer things that are manufactured using fossil fuels.