Is it safe to give IC number Malaysia?
“In Malaysia, IC numbers are not completely confidential. In theory, anyone can obtain our IC number and use it to check on government websites, and access our information.”
How do I know my IC number Malaysia?
The current format of the Malaysian identity card number, introduced in 1990, features 12 digits separated into three block by hyphens, as illustrated below: YYMMDD-PB-###G. The above format is the official format as printed on the official identity documents e.g. MyKad.
How can I change my IC name in Malaysia?
- Request must be made personally in Malaysia.
- Go to Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) Malaysia, inform you want to change your name. …
- Take the JPN KP16 form and go to any Commissioner of Oath in Malaysia.
- Commissioner of Oath will use the form to prepare the Oath letter to change information.
How can I get red IC in Malaysia?
You are eligible to apply for an identity card with permanent resident status (red). You need to bring along your passport and entry permit and copies of both documents as well as an application fee of RM40. 00. The application can be made only at the Putrajaya NRD Headquarters and state NRD headquarters.
How can I stay in Malaysia permanently?
You’ll need a good-standing Malaysian citizen to sponsor you. You’re able to bring in your spouse and children (under 18 years old) as dependents. After 5 years of stay in the country, they’ll also be eligible to apply for PR.
How can I live in Malaysia permanently?
Malaysia offers a point-based system for permanent residency, in which applicants must score at least a 65 out of a possible 120 and also have a sponsor. Categories for obtaining points include salary, age, work experience, language proficiency, investment, time living in Malaysia, etc.
Who can ask for Nric Malaysia?
Malaysians, These Are The People Who Are Authorised To Inspect Or Keep Your IC
- Police officers. Image via Bernama. …
- Custom officers. …
- Officers of National Registration Department of Malaysia (JPN) …
- Any public officer authorised by the National Registration Department (JPN) Director-General. …
- Members of the Armed Forces.
Is it safe to give IC copy?
While information like your IC number and mobile number alone may be harmless to give away, a set of information — such as your full name, address, IC and mobile number — can be used to steal your identity.